Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Voice Live Shows Week 2

Kim is not feeling well today, so this week it's just my thoughts on last night's show :c)

Team CeeLo
Cheesa Don’t Leave Me this way:
Shannon:  I think she’s good, but I think there were others that will go through.  I’ll copy the judges and say she did the best with what she had.  The song was interesting and fit her voice nicely.

Erin Martin Walk Like an Egyptian:
Shannon:  I agree with Christina on this one, I was expecting more of a loud growl singing the song or some kind of powerful part, but it was more of a whisper throughout the whole song.  I haven’t been a big fan of her, but the song did fit her voice.  She just needed to do more with it in my opinion.  If she’s not saved by America’s vote, I think she will be the one CeeLo saves because he’s a freak like that and she appeals to his freaky side.  Though, I could be surprised depending on who is in the bottom 3.  I was glad she gave her hair a break and didn't have it up 3 feet in the air lol.  I won't be disappointed if she doesn't make it through further.

Jamar Rogers Are you going my way?:
Shannon:  He rocked the house!  There were a couple of the performers I saw their performance more like someone popular appearing on the results show as opposed to a contestant in the competition and he was one of them.  Regardless of the results show I think he can make it mainstream and stay around for awhile.  Pretty sure he’s safe!  Within a couple hours after the show he was #12 on iTunes for Alternative.  (Fun fact: Lindsey Pavao was still at #15 from performing last week!) 

James Massone Don’t Know Why:
Shannon:  I liked the song choice for him and his voice sounded good.  He’s another that I think does good, but just doesn’t have that extra wham for me, yanno?  I think he may make it through with all the younger girls that may vote for him.  Girls were going crazy! LoL.  He kind of reminds me of Joey from New Kids on The Block from back in the day.  I loved Joey, but now I’m older and he’s one that appeals more to the younger ages, I believe.

Juliet Simms Roxanne:
Shannon:  She’s been Tony’s favorite from the beginning.  I like her, and I think she rocked it out!  She’s another one that I could see coming back to perform for the results show instead of just a contestant.  There’s sometimes where I don’t care too much for her voice because it gets a whiney sound, but love the gritty rock sound to her voice.  She’s another I think will make it far in the competition.  Within a couple hours of the show she was #1 on iTunes in the Rock category, which according to last week doesn’t necessarily mean anything since Jordis had reached #1 in rock too and had to be saved; but, Juliet was also already at #44 of all iTunes. 

Tony Vincent Everybody wants to Rule the World:
Shannon:  He sang well, but he’s not one of my favorites.  It’s probably because he reminds me of Dana Carvey in Master of Disguise the “Turtle, Turtle” scene. Lol.  He sings well so I won’t be surprised if he makes it through, but I won’t be disappointed if he doesn’t either.

Top 4 CeeLo’s:
Shannon:  I think the four that will go through will be: Jamar, Juliet, James and Erin.


Team Adam
Katrina Parker Tonight, Tonight:
Shannon:  I love the uniqueness of her voice, and great song.  I think she needs to work a little more on her confidence so that America will keep voting her through. 

Kim Yarbrough Rolling in the Deep:
Shannon: Brave, brave woman for tackling this song! LoL.  I think she did a good job, though, personally with some of the other performers in this competition I forget about her.  I think she has what it takes to make it through to the next round, but I won’t be surprised if she doesn’t either just because there are others that make more of a memorable impression to vote for.

Mathai Ordinary People:
Shannon:  I like how unique her voice is, but I don’t know if I necessarily like it enough to hear each week.  It’s a toss up for me for her so far lol

Pip When We Were Young:
Shannon: Loved him!  I see what Adam meant though about being a little more rough and tough especially with a rock song like that.  “Be a little more…untrustworthy” LoL  Kim had texted me during the show and said he looked like he could be Jensen Ackles little brother- totally!  Though, I’m sorry to say this, but when it showed his mom and dad and they had the bowties on too, it just makes me think of one of those shows with creepy out there serial killers lol.  I know he’s just trying to make that his trademark to stand out, not saying that he is one.  Tony isn’t sure if people will take him serious with a name like Pip, so we’ll see. :c)

Tony Lucca In Your Eyes:
Shannon:  I really liked his performance.  He was the other I could see performing long term; obviously since he’s been at it awhile and has taken the steps to become more mainstream.  He was also at #3 in Rock on iTunes a couple hours after the show.  I lost a little respect for Christina with her low blow, she was vicious (and not just to him, I think someone talked to her halfway through because she started throwing in tidbits of positive)!  Honestly, I think he’s one that she thinks her team will have to beat, so she tried to chew him down like a little chihuahua.  Though, during the perfoamcne I found all the floating eyes very creepy and unnerving lol.

Karla Davis Airplanes:
Shannon:  I like her voice, but performance wise I think it was lackluster. I’ll be surprised if she makes it through, unless she steps it up more in the save me round.  Let Bertha out, Karla! Lol

Top 4 Adam’s:
Shannon:  I think the four that will go through will be: Tony Lucca, Pip, Katrina, and Mathai.

Competition is heating up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

.