Wednesday, October 23, 2013

TV Tuesday: Reblogged from Shannon Laree


The 2013 Fall TV season is heating up with all the premieres, and we still have some to come!  I think this is one of the best years for TV so far.  I can barely keep up with all the awesome shows.  Though it is nice to have a selection of awesome shows to have on the TV while I'm editing pictures.  I decided to do a blog to list some of the TV shows I'm watching.   I'd love feedback on the shows you're watching too and what you think of them!

Just a warning: this is a long post!  This list was created by only Shannon of the Nerdcast; therefore, the opinions are hers.  

I've put the title of my Top 5 shows in bold (which include Supernatural, Once Upon a Time, The Walking Dead, How I Met Your Mother, and the Big Bang Theory) and the title of the new shows in italics.  They are listed by the day the appear on TV, and then the reality shows separate.


Monday:

How I Met Your Mother (CBS, 8pm) – This is one of my favorite shows right now.  I mean come on it’s Legen… I’m saddened this is the last season.  I feel an emotional connection with the characters in this show, and I think I can pinpoint when that came to be.   A few days before 2011 New Year’s day my step-dad died suddenly from heart issues.  During the following episode of How I Met Your Mother on January 3, 2011, Marshall learns his father has died suddenly from a heart attack.  I think, for me, that brought these characters to real life.  That raw real emotion, how silly it sounds, connected me even more to this show.  I’ve grown to love the love and friendship these characters have with each other.  I know I’d want to hang out with them at MacLaren’s!  …dary!
Question for you: if you could visit either MacLaren’s or Central Perk (Friends), which group would you want to hang out with?

2 Broke Girls (CBS, 9pm) – Ah the adventures of Max and Caroline!  I love Max’s dry sarcastic humor (played by Kat Dennings).   These girls are trying to build a successful Cupcake shop. 

Sleepy Hollow (FOX, 9pm) [New Show] –  It’s a take on the old legend of the Headless Horseman and Ichabod Crane who are now in current times.  The show starts out with Ichabod Crane and the Horseman in the Revolutionary War, but you will have to watch to find out how they are now in current times!

The Blacklist (NBC, 10pm) [New Show]–  I’ve only watched the first two episodes of this, but it was intense!  It gives a Silence of the Lambs meets Criminal Mindsish kind of vibe.  Just from the twists I already saw I can only imagine where they will go from here!

Tuesday:

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D  (ABC, 8pm) [New Show]- This is a show centered around the S.H.I.E.L.D agents who you may know some of them from the ever popular The Avengers movie!

Supernatural (CW, 9pm)- I can use just one word to say why you should want to watch this show if you aren’t already: Winchesters!  Supernatural just started it’s 9th season.  According to GetGlue it was the 2nd scripted broadcast show for last week.  The Winchester brothers have been to hell and back, literally- multiple times.   At times there’s a “monster of the week” and others they are dealing with whatever the story arc is for that season.  But at the core it's about family and their brotherly love I think.

The Goldbergs (ABC, 9pm) [New Show]- I’ve only watched a couple episodes so far, but it gives me that “Wonder Years” feeling.  Back in the 80s a kid filmed his family and the show is based on those.  I love at the end when they show clips from the old video that shows where some of the episode came from.

Wednesday:

Arrow (CW, 8pm)- This is one of my husband’s favorite shows, and I’ve liked what I’ve seen of it.  With everything else I watch I unfortunately haven’t watched every episode.  The 2nd Season began last week, and the week before that they did a season 1 summary episode so I’ve watched both of those.  The show is based on the fictional Superhero Green Arrow (Oliver Queen).  Oliver Queen was also in the CW’s show Smallville (another of my husband’s favorite); however a different actor plays him in this show.    

Modern Family (ABC, 9pm) – I don’t watch this show religiously and really have only seen a small fraction of the episodes.  From the episodes I’ve seen I see why the show is so popular so I wanted to include it here lol.

The Tomorrow People (CW, 9pm) [New Show]- This show premiered last week and of the new shows that have premiered that I’ve watched so far, this is the one I’m most interested in seeing where it goes.  The show is about Stephen Jameson who finds out in the first episode he’s a part of a group of people who possess special powers.  The powers are the three T’s: telepathy, teleport, telekinesis.  He finds out his father was one of the most powerful ‘Tomorrow People’ and the reason why his father left when he was younger was to find a safe place for the Tomorrow People to live, but as a result he disappeared.  He needed to find a safe place because there is an organization called Ultra whose focus is to hunt down and neutralize tomorrow people.  If you watch Supernatural you may remember Mark Pellegrino (Lucifer) and that he’s good at playing bad.  He plays the leader of the Ultra; though there may be a little more too him.  But I’ll let you find that out when you watch the Pilot episode!

Thursday:

Once Upon a Time in Wonderland (ABC, 8pm) [New Show] – This is a spinoff show for ABC’s Sunday hit Once Upon A Time.  This one is set in the Wonderland world.  It premiered last week, but I haven’t watched the episode yet.  I know from how much I love Once Upon a Time I’ll be enjoying this show as well!

The Big Bang Theory (CBS, 8pm)- Bazinga!  Who doesn’t love a show featuring a group of nerds!  Nerdlove! 

The Crazy Ones (CBS, 9pm) [New Show]- This show is based on an advertising firm owned by a father and daughter.  This is Robin Williams return to TV as the father, and Sarah Michelle Gellar plays his daughter.  It’s been interesting so far…the father is definitely a character!

Reign (CW, 9pm) [New Show]-This show premieres this Thursday (Oct 17, 2013).  It is a period drama based on the early years of Mary, Queen of Scots set in France 1557.

Glee (Fox, 9pm) – This show has started the new season but has only aired three episodes before taking a break until November.  The episode last week was the tribute episode to fellow actor Cory Monteith who died suddenly earlier this year.  He played Finn on this show.  The episode was one of the hardest episodes of a show to watch.  It was very well done!  If you haven’t watched it and intend on watching it, don’t forget the box of tissues!  The raw emotion the actors are feeling for their fellow actor is real and comes through on the screen.

The Michael J Fox Show (NBC, 9pm) [New Show]- This show is Michael J Fox’s return to TV after many years off screen.  Michael J Fox was diagnosed with Parkinson’s in 1991.  This show is based on a news reporter who is diagnosed with Parkinson’s and has to quit when his chair rolls off screen during the news.  Now that he’s at home those years have been focused on his family (His wife and three kids).  The wife decides it’s about time he gets back to work and that’s where we pick up in the first episode.   I think it’s nice they’ve worked his Parkinson’s into the show so that he can get back to doing what he loves (television); and it brings more light to Parkinson’s and what people with it have to deal with, while also adding a little humor on Michael’s part.

Friday:

Dracula (NBC, 10pm) [New Show]-This show hasn’t premiered yet, but looks like another one that will be one to watch!

Sunday:

Once Upon a Time (ABC, 8pm)- I love this show!  The third season just started.  It’s a mixture of some beloved Disney and fairy tale characters.  Some of the characters were under a curse brought forth by the Evil Queen (from Snow White).  Emma comes and is able to break the curse in the 1st season, but that didn’t stop the issues and adventures!

Drop Dead Diva (Lifetime, 9pm)- Back in the first season, Deb was a model engaged to Greyson.  During the first episode she is in a car accident and goes up to Heaven.  While she is being ‘checked in’ she pushes the “return” key on the Angel’s computer and goes back to Earth, but now in a plus sized body!  So this show has shown Deb handling being Jane.  On top of that, Jane works in the lawyers office where Greyson works.  The only person that knows her secret, besides her guardian angel, is her old best friend Stacy.  The show sounds a little out there, but it’s interesting.  They work in a lawyer’s office so there’s a different case they are working on each week also.  I thought the show had it’s “jump the shark” episode at the end of last season, and there was a little bit of hesitation to bring it back, but luckily it’s back now and they came back from that episode lol. 

The Walking Dead (AMC, 9pm)- The fourth season premiere was this past Sunday and I can’t wait for more!  What’s going on!?!  What happened to Kenneth??  Intriguing minds want to know!  I have some theories, and have read other theories.  Can’t wait for more episodes to get a bigger picture.   Could it possibly be Ebola or another type of virus?  I read somewhere, that something we think is harmless today like the common cold, who knows what it would do in that kind of world.  All humans are infected and once they die they become a ‘walker’.  So, what if your immune system is weakened, does that allow the walker infection to take over and kill/turn you as we saw with Kenneth?  Only time will tell I suppose!

The Talking Dead (AMC, 10pm)- This show follows the Walking Dead and the host speaks with special guests each week about the episode.  I love watching it and getting more background information on the filming of the episode and other peoples opinion on what’s going to happen and what’s next. 

The Mentalist (CBS, 10pm)- I love that Jane is getting so close to finding out who Red John is!  So intense that he came up with a list of suspects, and Red John knows the list.

Reality Shows:

The Voice (NBC, Mon & Tues, 8pm)- This is the singing competition with the blind auditions.  The coaches are each in a chair and can not see the singers during the audition.  If they push their button that means they want them on their team.  The auditions are all over now, and they started the Battle Rounds last night.  Now that the teams are built, the coaches then have to pit them against each other 2 by 2.  At the end of the song they sing together the coach has to choose one to move on.  I’ve already gotten some favorites I hope make it to the live show!  And as always gotta love the coaches: Adam Levine, Blake Shelton, Christina Aguilera, and CeeLo Green.  Though I do have to admit I miss Usher this season!

Ink Master (Spike, Tues, 9pm)- This season is now over, but this is a show that takes tattoo artists and pits them against each other each week to determine the Ink Master.

Face/off (Syfy, Tues, 9pm)- this show takes make-up artists and gives them a new challenge/creature to create each week.  I love seeing the creative characters they come up with and how they make them!

Catfish (MTV, Tues)- I hate to say this but I am a little over this show.  Which really sucks to say!  I met my husband online, and have made some friends online including one of my best friends I have known for over 10 years and we still haven’t met in person.  So, I love the show based on online communication and relationships, but it seems it’s either the same thing every week, or they are trying to find something even more shocking.  I’m so glad they’ve had at least one episode that had a happy ending!

Tough Love: Co-Ed (VH1, Wed, 10pm)- For a couple seasons Steve has taken a group of girls and put them through his Tough Love boot camp.  He works with them with different challenges and blind dates to show them what they are doing wrong, or what they could improve on so they are no longer single.  This is the first year it’s been a co-ed boot camp- 4 girls, 4 guys.  I really love seeing how much they have improved at the end and are better equipped to have their happy ending.

The X Factor (FOX, Wed & Thurs, 8pm)- This one is another singing competition where they are trying to find someone with the “X Factor”.  This one has Simon Cowell as a judge.  Through the UK show he created One Direction, and there have been some awesome contestants on the US version also.  This season looks like it will be just as talent filled as the last.  Along with Simon, Demi Lovato, Kelly Rowland, and Paulina are judges. 

Jr. MasterChef (FOX, Fri, 8pm) [New Show]- The Jr. chef’s on this show are amazing!  They are making plates that equal, if not top the contestants on the adult MasterChef and they are only 8-13 years old!  These kids are impressive!  This one has the same judges as the adult MasterChef.

Shark Tank (ABC, Fri, 9pm)- It’s interesting to see some of the product ideas people bring into the Shark Tank each week, and which Shark is going to fund it, if any.

So that's my TV round up of the shows I've been trying to keep up with.  Are there any other shows that you would recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

.