Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Introduction to N3RDc@st


Welcome fellow Nerds!  You’ve found our new venture: N3RDc@st with Kim and Shannon.  It doesn’t matter who you are, where you come from, or how well you’ve done in school, we can assure you that you are indeed a NERD in some capacity. You can deny it all you want. It doesn’t change the fact that you have at some point obsessed over, gotten extremely excited, or “nerded” out over something you love. It’s ok. It’s normal and happens to everyone. We are not here to help you get past it. No sir! We are here to help you embrace your nerdy side and unite with other people just like you. Feedback is welcomed and encouraged.
This blog entry is intended to introduce you to ourselves and what we’re going to be about.   The podcast, blog, and other forms of social media will be a place for us to discuss our love of movies, books, music, and other topics we find interesting
Shannon
I am recently engaged and love taking pictures as a hobby.
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?  I would definitely want to live inItaly.  I visited there back in 2006 and fell in love!   The area I loved the most was the Tuscany/Florence area; such beautiful scenery!  I’m not sure where I’d want to live domestically, I’ve never traveled to the west so I don’t know how I’d like that though I did love the Pennsylvania/New Jersey area I visited in the fall one year- they actually have fall colors in the fall- unlike Florida…LoL
Have you read any books more then once?  The only book I can remember I’ve read more then once is “Where the Heart Is” by Billie Letts.  I’ve read that one at least three times.  I read it, then found out they were making a movie about it and read it again while waiting on the movie to come out; then once I saw the movie and the changes they made from the original story (which most movie adaptations do) I re-read the book again.  And as I typed this I remembered another book/series I have read more then once- the Casteel Series by V.C Andrews.   I don’t think I ever finished the series though, but when I was younger I read Angel, Dark Angel, and Fallen Hearts.  Then a couple years again I decided I wanted to re-read them.  I guess I should finish up the series, eh?  There are many other books I’ve read that I would totally re-read, but I just haven’t.
What movie could you watch over and over? There’s a ton of movies I could watch over and over!  I love all kinds of movies, but mostly romantic comedies (chick-flicks). One of the most recent I’ve watched numerous times is Burlesque (want some cookies?! Heh)  I enjoy most any Reese Witherspoon or Sandra Bullock movie.  50 First Dates is probably one of my all-time favorites.
How would you describe your music tastes?  I enjoy music from the top 40 (pop), but also enjoy lesser known artists.  Either I want to listen to something with a nice groove/dance beat, or mellow.   I enjoy a wide array of music.
If you could have any superpower, what would it be? What if I already have a superpower? ;c)  Hmm, I’m not sure.  There are pros and cons to each superpower, and I’m not sure I’d want to deal with that lol.  I guess if I could have any superpowers I’d want to have something like Jasper (Twilight, Stephanie Meyer) , that way I could help make people feel happy when they are overly stressed about things.
Favorite:
Book: All books by Sarah Addison Allen (Garden Spells, The Sugar Queen, The Girl Who Chased the Moon, and The Peach Keeper), and Where the Heart Is.
Movie: soo many!  Some include 50 First Dates, Hachi, How to Loose a guy in 10 Days, Burlesque, Dirty Dancing, etc.
Kim
I have been married to a pastor for 6 years, and am building up my photography business.
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? New York, unless I could speak a different language then Italy.
Have you read any books more then once? Oh,yeah! A lot of them!
What movie could you watch over and over? Tangled, Sweet Home Alabama, Pirates of the Caribbean ( I re-watch movies all the time!)
How would you describe your music tastes? Diverse, like a lil’ of this and lil’ of that.
If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Telepathy, I wanna know what’s going on in your head. But I would be able to turn off the power if I wanted to.
Favorite:
Book: Bible, Hunger Games Trilogy (currently)
Movie: fave all time is A Time To Kill. Powerful story and acting and Matthew Mcconaughey (duh!)
Future episodes will include our reviews, rants and raves along with guest nerdies to discuss a wide range of topics, musical performances from local talents, movie commentaries and just general random fun and nerdiness!
Thank you for taking the time getting to know us, introduce your self below in the comments!  You can also “like” us on Facebook by searching for our N3RDc@st fan page.  We also have Twitter @n3rdcastblog.  If you would like to e-mail us instead our e-mail is n3rdcastblog@gmail.com.
Stay NERDY!
Kim & Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

.